Monday, August 9, 2010

Hankerchiefs are hygenic? Whaaaa?

I found the English radio station online called "Arirang Radio," from Korea. It's a government run radio station. I was pretty excited about it last week when I first found it. Now, I find it a bit boring, as the hosts inwhich I have listened to seem pretty young and inexperienced. They usually talk about really boring, uninteresting things. For example, they were asking each other "how do you stay cool when it's hot outside" and continued to list things for a good 5 minutes. Another mind nummingly dull one was  "what's your plans for the weekend", and then his guest answered "I like to drink beer..ha ha". How can this dull and thoughtless banter be presented as a radio program? It's not even remotely entertaining. Could this entire show be scripted? There's no way...it's just too boring! Maybe I just haven't found the host on the station to listen to..there seems to be a lot of different shows during the day and I have not listened to each one yet.

Yesterday, the last thing that I heard on this station was something very idiotic. It was a public service announcement that went on for a good minute. It's message started with talking about Korea's natural resources. It discussed how the land should be protected and respected. Then it went on to shockingly discuss how hand towel and using washroom hand dryers are "wasting the natural resources". To protect the environment, people should "bring and use their own hankerchief!" OH WOW! You have got to be joking!! How can a government body tell people that this! Reusing a dirty, over-used nose rag is going to save the environment! What about the health of the nation?! How is drying one's freshly washed hands on a boogery rag going help anyone? Nonsense. I am speechless at this twisted type of logic. It does not compute.

2 comments:

Flint said...

Hahahaha! You never watched Arirang TV did you?

International Girl said...

Flint, it was just shocking. It made no sense and was just wrong.
Hankies are dirty, dirty...yuck!

No, I wouldn't want to watch anything that remotely resembles this low calibre type of broadcasting and stupidiy.